5 Reasons you need a Breadmaker
My name is Nadia, I’m a content creator at https://nadiashealthykitchen.com/, and I’ve teamed up with Panasonic Kitchen to support their Love Food Hate Waste partnership. I have a Panasonic 2522 Breadmaker, and I LOVE it, so wanted to share with you five reasons why you NEED a breadmaker.
What’s better than the smell of freshly baked bread? Nothing, that’s what. Once you make your own homemade loaf of bread there is no going back to packs of shop bought, sliced bread. The texture and taste will never be the same. And if you think making your own bread is a chore and time consuming, you’re wrong! It’s not, especially if you have a breadmaker, which brings me to the first reason you need one.
1. It makes the perfect loaf of bread every single time with minimum effort. The Panasonic 2522 has a massive array of automated programmes so you don’t need to stress about proving, watching, waiting and stressing! Simply add the bread ingredients into the baking tin and the machine then takes care of kneading and proving the loaf for you before baking it. Depending on the bread recipe, the process can take 4-5 hours, but once the lid is closed and timer is set, you are then free to leave the breadmaker to do its thing while you put your legs up with a cup of tea and Netflix. Once the bread is ready, the machine will beep letting you know your fresh loaf of bread is ready to be enjoyed!
2. Contrary to its name, the function of a breadmaker is not limited to making bread – although this obviously depends on the one you purchase. Prior to owning one myself that’s exactly what I thought too, but in fact the 2522 Breadmaker have multi-functional uses, like:
- Making pizza dough – you add all the ingredients into your breadmaker and it does all mixing and kneading for you and creates the perfect environment and temperature for the dough to rise. No more looking for a warm, draft-free spots to leave your dough to rise in!
- Making pasta – The breadmaker’s kneading function makes preparing fresh soft pasta dough easy peasy. With the pasta functionality pre-set, all you have to do is place the ingredients in the breadmaker baking tin, close the lid and select the pasta programme pre-set with the time required.
- Making cakes – The Panasonic breadmaker comes with a handy booklet that contains many different cake and brownie recipes, including gluten-free cakes!
- Making gluten-free baked goods – More people are finding out they are coeliac or gluten intolerant, but if you are, it does not mean you have to miss out on enjoying bread. The 2522 specifically has a gluten free function, meaning you can make great gluten-free breads, bakes and cakes using the machine.
3. Using a breadmaker instead of an oven gives you the peace of mind that allows you to get on with other things without constantly having to check on your bakes. The automated programme functionality means you can leave your bakes until the timer beeps letting you know your recipe is done! As well as taking care of the mixing and kneading, the Panasonic Breadmaker allows for yeast and other ingredients like nuts and raisins to be dispensed in the dough at a certain time to ensure that the consumer enjoys perfect bread.
4. Breadmakers are a great way to reduce food waste. You can turn random leftovers into delicious bakes. Leftover bananas? Make a banana bread. Have random scraps of vegetables in the fridge that need using up? Use them as pizza toppings. Reducing waste is a hot topic at the moment, and rightly so. We should all be aiming to reduce our food waste, not just to save the environment, but because, simply put ,it’s the right thing to do! Why go out to buy a loaf of bread when you have ingredients you can use to make your own customised fresh batch?
5. Breadmakers can save you money in the long run. This ties into the point on reducing waste by using up ingredients you already have to create a delicious bread and treats that you can have as toast for breakfast or a sandwich for lunch. Or making a delicious dessert. This is even more so the case if you’re gluten-free as free from products can add up to a small fortune when purchased regularly. Breadmakers also use up less electricity than ovens, so they’re much more energy – efficient.